Section 1. STUDENTS BENEFITS
1.1 Tuition Discounts
1.1.1 A discount of 5% on tuition is given if the student pays his financial dues totally upon enrollment.
1.1.2 A discount of 5% on tuition is given to children of active GCC Alumni.
1.1.3 20% discount on tuition is granted to the 2nd brother/sister in case 2 of their immediate family members enroll.
1.1.4 30% discount on tuition is granted to the 3rd brother/sister in case 3 of their immediate family members enroll.
1.1.5 A 50% discount on tuition is granted to the 4th brother/sister in case of 4 of their family members enroll.
1.1.6 FREE tuition is granted to the 5th brother/sister in case of 5 of their family members enroll.
1.1.7 To avail of this privilege the students or his parents/guardian should apply for the discount by filling up the prescribed form and have it approved by authorized official during the enrollment period. Failure to apply within the prescribed period means forfeiture of the privilege.
1.2.1 All GCC students paying insurance premiums are insured from injury or death caused by accidents 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Student’s injuries or deaths should be reported immediately to the school authorities for purposes of Insurance claims against Insurance Company.
1.2.2 Insurance claim Requirements 3 photocopies of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- School I.D
- Medical Certificate
- Police Reports/Statements of Witness
- Hospital Bills & Official receipts and
- Other as maybe required by the Insurance Company
1.3 Job Placement Assistance
To help GCC graduates find gainful employment, a Job Placement Office as created by the Administration. All GCC Alumni are encouraged to seek help of the school Job Placement Office for possible employment opportunities.
Section 2. SCHOLARSHIPS
Gingoog City Colleges, Inc. grants the following scholarships to students who have shown potentials academically and intellectually and those who are eager to pursue education but whose parents are incapable to finance their education.
1.1 Academic Scholarships
1.1.1 Academic Scholarship for Incoming College Freshman
18.104.22.168 A one semester full tuition scholarship, renewable every semester if the student maintains the academic requirements, is granted to valedictorians of public or private high schools, provided the graduating class is not less than fifty (50) students as certified to by the Principal of the school last attended.
22.214.171.124 A one semester Half-tuition scholarship, renewable every semester, provided the student maintains the academic requirements, is granted to salutatorians of public and private high schools provided the graduating class is not less than fifty (50) students as certified to by the principal of the school last attended.
1.2 Academic Excellence Scholarship for Non-graduating College Students
1.2.1 A one semester Full tuition scholarship, renewable every semester provided the student maintains the academic standard required for his scholarship, is granted to a College student with HIGHEST HONORS who, at the end of the semester,
- has obtained a general average of 1.25 or its equivalent, with no grade below 1.75 or its equivalent in any subject;
- has carried a regular load as prescribed in the curriculum he/she is pursuing;
- has been up-to-date with his/her NSTP and PE requirements;
- has finished the semester with no INC.
- has studied in GCC for at least two (2) semesters including the current semester;
- possesses good moral character with no record whatsoever of any disciplinary action in GCC or elsewhere; and
- has shown exemplary performance as a student through membership and/or positions held in various campus/community organizations.
1.2.2 A one semester half-tuition scholarship, renewable every semester provided the student maintains the academic standard required for this scholarship, is granted to a College student with HIGH HONORS who, at the end of the semester,
- has obtained a general average of 1.5 or its equivalents, with no grade below 2.25 or its equivalent;
- has met requirements 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 expected of a Highest Honor College Student.
2.2.3 Grades to be maintained by scholars with discount Effective S.Y. 2013 -2014
- Full Scholarship is awarded to First Honors with a general average of 93%/1.25 and no grade lower than 90%/1.5.
- Half Scholarship is awarded to Second Honors with a general average of 90%/1.5 and no grade lower than 88%/1.75.
- Academic Scholars with 30% discount must maintain a general average of 86%/2.0 and no grade lower than 85%/2.0.
- Academic Scholars with 20% discount must maintain a general average of 84%/2.25 and no grade lower than 82%/2.5.
- Academic Scholars with 10% discount must maintain a general average of 82%/2.5 and no grade lower than 80%/2.75.
2.3 Non-Academic Scholarships
- Full Scholarship for student assistants who are assigned to the different offices in the College. They are also provided with monthly allowance as determined by the School Administration.
- Scholarship granted by the government, government agencies, private firms and individuals.
This scholarship is renewable every year and subject to the compliance by the scholar of the conditions to the grant.
Section 3. PROCEDURE /GUIDELINES FOR RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
3.1 All academic scholars who still qualify for the ensuing semester must re-apply for renewal with the Office of the President through their respective deans by filling up required forms at the time of their enrollment.
3.2 All non-academic scholars who still qualify for the ensuing semester must re-apply for renewal with the Office of the Director of Student Affairs and Services by filling up pertinent forms for approval at the time of their enrollment.